Saturday, September 8, 2012

Birds

I've been working on the birds all week. I'm going to title it "In-Laws" as that's what it reminds me of when I was first married to my 3rd husband in the mid 70's and had both sets of our parents telling us what to do as they were not happy about our getting married and strongly disliked each other. It did not improve with age or my husband's death in 1988.

Anyway back to the birds. I'm posting pictures of my day by day progress. Keep in mind I'm working with mostly hand cut wide wool strips, though I do have a bunch of leftover strips from my stash to add in. The background is a sort of hit and miss in cremes, ivory, and other light shades. Eventually I want to do another version of this except in blues, maybe pinks and chocolates in bold, throw back to the 60s-70s contemporary colors, and add in some standing wool circles, or stitchery. I've also been thinking of doing a bag or pillow with this design, though I would be making some changes to the tree base and branches.

I started this on Sunday 9-1 so I thinking I'm making okay progress.



Tuesday 9-4





Wednesday 9-5





Thursday 9-6





Friday 9-7



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after going through a few of the posts I realized it's new to me.

Nonetheless, I'm certainly delighted I stumbled upon it and I'll be book-marking it and checking
back regularly!

my website e-cigarette