Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Dragon Day 4






Flowers are all done, now on to the inner background. I'm trying a mixtures of medium to light tie dyed blues and purples that had been overdyed from a light demin blue and a piece of light gray fabrics. I'm going to try and do a meander type pattern. Haven't done one before and hope I can do it all right. I hope the flowers look okay and aren't too colorful or busy looking. Still have a long way to go on realistic looking flowers. But flowers are not one of my favorite things to do anyway. Some are good, other...maybe?? Maybe bigger sized and smaller cuts I can get better detail. I really want to see how this might look in yarn.

I've been getting lots of compliments on this. Thank you everyone for all the praise. I'm still a beginner and am not feeling all that competent in what I am doing. Anyway back to the hooking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are making good progress! I really like the dragon. GRS

Fanxstitch said...

Thank you. I'm trying to hook at least 4-6 hours a day on this. I'm mentally breaking up the work into sections to do a section a time before going on to the next instead of jumping around. I tried the random working and never seemed to get as much done.