Only have three more sides to whip and finish and I will be done with the dragon. I may try doing this again on either the burlap or the rug linen. I don't have any of my 16 count linen pieces that are big enough to do same size. The widest is only 18 x 52. Though I might try doing this just a tad smaller so it could be a table mat instead. I'll think on it.
Yesterday I went out and ended up hitting my 2 cheap thrift stores and came back with 18 assorted garments that I'll have to take apart. Got some nice purple, maroon, teal, pinks, grays, browns and a nice black watch. No creams this time or camels. But did find a nice pale gray set of slacks.
Today I am dyeing up a batch of fabrics- mainly pinks, hot pink, flesh tones, lavender, sky blue and deepening some of the teal I got yesterday. I think I did some yellows, golds, and rusts. The golden rusts in herringbone and plaids are going in for the H&D basket. I managed to get a few pieces dyed in graduated tones. I'm still experimenting with doing them. I'll be glad when I can afford to buy a yard of so of white to really play with. The dyeing I did today was over some of the cream colored pieces. No as light as I wanted but close enough for now. This was in between cooking a big batch of corned beef and cabbage with added veggies. Had pots going on both sides of the room.
I'll postpictures tommorrow of my dye jobs and the dragon.
How to Work the Stitch Pattern for the Isthmus Pullover - I’m making Alison Jane’s Isthmus Pullover for the Portfolio Volume 4 knit-along—sort of. I have started the pullover, but I’ve been sidetracked by other wo...
1 hour ago